The Center for Mindful Self-Compassion (CMSC) is a nonprofit global advocate for self-compassion education. CMSC was originally founded in 2012 by the developers of MSC, Christopher Germer and Kristin Neff, and is now an international nonprofit organization.
Vision Statement: We aim to be the global leader in self-compassion training and to offer the highest quality programs to diverse populations, based upon scientific research and established teaching methods. CMSC is committed to building an equitable, inclusive, and caring global community supporting the practice of self-compassion where each person matters and everyone belongs.
Our Mission: Our purpose is to alleviate human suffering and improve the collective well-being of the planet through the practice of self-compassion.
We welcome team members of varied backgrounds, perspectives, and goals, who are deeply committed to compassion education and well-being. We strongly encourage individuals from traditionally underrepresented communities to apply to join our team as we are actively seeking applicants who will add diversity to our organization.
Technical Platforms Administrator
Are you skilled at use of the back and frontend of WordPress? Are you extremely detail-oriented, highly organized, with a creative, critical, and problem-solving mindset, including skilled in maintaining a variety of other software platforms, tools, and systems? You call yourself meticulous, quick at responding to inquiries via email, text, and phone and can function as the perfect bridge between technical and organizational, to arrange content publication, platform maintenance, and manage development projects with internal or external developers. You will work from home and meet with the Associate Executive Director (AED) online or by phone at least 2-3 times per week. The position will start as soon as possible and you will work with the AED to set your hours and schedule.
Overall Job Purpose
The CMSC Technical Platforms Administrator will assist the organization to manage growth, provide internal technical support, training, and maintenance across multiple platforms. The successful candidate will report directly to the Associate Executive Director for Training and Operations and will also work closely with the Executive Director. This role will be instrumental in sustaining our rapid growth, and in increasing efficiency across multiple programs.
Associate Executive Director (AED) for Training and Operations
You will have proven experience and success working with the majority of the following platforms and will train team members and work toward centralizing our systems:
- WordPress (back and frontend) experience with essential HTML, JS, and CSS skills.
- Experience with managing WordPress modules like Buddyboss, Learndash, Buddypress, BBPress, i-themes, Gravity Forms, etc.
- Experience with project management methodologies like SCRUM, Kanban, Lean, and familiar with tools like Asana, Slack, Google Workspace, etc.
- Experience working with email and marketing automation tools like ConvertKit, Kajabi, Zapier, etc.
- Intuitive skills to quickly learn and understand the use of tools like Zoom, Cvent, Intercom, Coschedule, Insightly, Survey Monkey, Sign-up Genius.
- Experience with education and community building systems like MightyNetworks, Haiku (Power School Learning)
- Understanding of workflow management to automate processes through Zapier
- Development skills PHP, SQL, jQuery, Github
The ideal candidate:
- Is someone who connects genuinely with people, and is interested in compassion, contemplative education, and lifelong learning
- Possesses the following personal characteristics: authenticity, a strong work ethic, humility, accountability, resourcefulness, and dependability
- Is strongly motivated to make a measurable difference in supporting CMSC’s mission
- Is comfortable in a role with high levels of autonomy and organization. Able to independently plan, implement and execute from start to finish
- Is genuine, outgoing, and a skillful communicator
- Can effectively think on their feet to generate ideas and strategies
- Possesses the skills to track metrics for the sake of reporting progress
- Is detail-oriented and possesses a strong ability to multitask between platforms
- Enthusiasm, professionalism, and accountability
Key Skills Required for the Role:
- Proven technical support and maintenance skills, with references
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for supporting teams across platforms
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- An entrepreneurial attitude, excellent attention to detail, project management experience
- Excellent critical thinking skills and strategic thinking skills
- An ability to work proactively, to collaborate and prioritize work, and complete tasks
with quick turnaround times
- Excellent ability to anticipate and address the needs of team members and CMSC stakeholders
- Process-oriented with the ability to create business processes
- Provide internal service, maintenance and admin support for CMSC technical platforms
- Monitor platforms and respond to needs for updates and create reports
- Instruct CMSC team members and online instructors on how to use tech for their work/teaching
- Co-create processes and guidelines documents for tech onboarding and training team members
In this role you’ll get:
- To partner with CMSC Associate Executive Director to execute CMSC mission
- To initiate and execute strategies to support key CMSC team members
- A “vote.” Your opinion, ideas, and insight matter
- An up-close look at and exposure to CMSC’s exciting and inspiring work
Compensation: Competitive rates, based upon experience.
Please complete the online interest application and submit your resume and references below.
CMSC Employment Interest Application