This short course is an adaptation of the empirically supported 8-week Mindful Self-Compassion program designed to begin cultivating the skills of self-compassion. Research shows that self-compassion significantly enhances emotional well-being, lessens anxiety and depression, boosts resilience and happiness, leads to more satisfying relationships and can even help maintain healthy lifestyles such as nutritious eating and exercise.
Classes will include short talks, experiential exercises, meditation, interactive group discussion and home practices. Meditation cushions and yoga mats are available, however please feel free to bring your own.
Course themes include:
1. Practicing self-compassion / Self-compassion and mindfulness practices for daily life and moments of stress.
2. Discovering your compassionate voice / An exercise focused on motivation with compassion.
3. Self-compassion and resilience / A practice for working with difficult emotions.
4. Addressing burnout / A practice for compassion with equanimity.
5. Living deeply / Journaling to reconnect with your values.
This group is open to the general public and other practitioners that are time limited and still would like an opportunity to experience the transformational skills of self-compassion. Meditation experience is not required.