**CE credits available**
Do you find yourself being overly self-critical? feeling not quite good enough? anxious? fearful about the future? having caregiver fatigue? distressed at the hard time you give yourself?
The 6-week Short Course in Mindful Self-Compassion (SC-MSC) is an introduction to teaching the skill of self-motivating with kindness rather than self-criticism. SC-MSC is a condensed format of the original 8-week MSC course. This special short course includes compassionate movement based on yoga therapy to support the embodiment of self-compassion training. Movements are designed to be accessible for all body shapes, sizes, and abilities – beginners welcomed.
Scientific evidence shows that self-compassion is a powerful inner resource enabling us to address challenging conditions in our work and home lives and transform them for the better. Research shows self-compassion is associated with enhanced motivation, emotional resilience, reduced stress, anxiety, and depression, a stronger immune system, healthy habits such as diet and exercise, wellbeing, and improved relationships.
MSC is currently taught in many countries across the globe, with a strong emphasis on community, inclusivity, and trauma sensitivity. You are welcome to have your camera off at times as needed.
At the completion of this program you will be able to:
– Develop and apply self-compassion practices to respond to feelings of failure or inadequacy with kindness
– Describe the main components of self-compassion and mindfulness and how these may be integrated into daily life or professional roles
– Practice simple compassionate movements that support wellbeing
– Explain difference between empathy and compassion; utilize strategies to avoid emotional exhaustion
– Demonstrate strategies to use at home or on the job to cope with difficult emotions
– Apply at least one skill from each session to help you regulate your own emotions while caring for others who are experiencing difficulty
Your MSC Teacher: Tosca Braun, PhD, is a certified MSC teacher, certified yoga therapist (C-IAYT), qualified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction teacher, and licensed clinical psychologist in the state of Rhode Island. She appreciates working with diverse individuals of all identities and backgrounds and has significant experience working with trauma survivors and individuals that suffer from anxiety, depression, eating and weight difficulties, addiction, stigma, and experiences and feelings of non-belonging. Tosca has been teaching yoga since 2008 and involved in the scientific research of yoga and self-compassion since 2006. Her research is currently funded by the National Institutes of Health.
Cost: $325 early bird until April 11, $375 after. Inquire for special rate for graduates of MSC/MBSR or those with financial need.
CE credits: Available through APA or BRN for additional $15 fee + documentation.
To Enroll: Contact Dr. Tosca Braun for Q&A / to schedule initial 15-minute screening. [email protected]