Kindness in Difficult Times – Online Course
Learn practical skills to meet difficult situations with self-kindness and resilience
DATES: July 15 – Aug 19, 2020; Wednesdays 7 – 8:15pm ET
– Julie Madlin, MA, LMHC, SEP https://www.juliehopemadlin.com
– Heather Thomas, MA, Certified Mindfulness Facilitator
All Proceeds will be donated to BEAM: Black Emotional and Mental Health Collective (www.beam.community)
Kindness in Difficult Times (The Short Course in Mindful Self-Compassion- SC-MSC) is a 6-week resource-building course. It helps you develop ways to be with yourself in kindness and care when you need it most: when life stirs up feelings of inadequacy and suffering. It is a condensed, online version of the 8-week in-person MSC program. The course format includes informal practices, meditations, short talks, experiential exercises, and group discussion.
After participating, you’ll be able to:
– Offer compassion to oneself and others
– Handle overwhelming emotions with greater ease
– Approach difficult situations with more calm and clarity
– Reconnect with values that help in finding purpose
Sliding Scale Fee Option
– Benefactor Rate: Anything from $125 up to $180
– Those in need: $75
Sliding scale fees help us make this MSC course available to all those who are interested. Those who can pay at the Benefactor level will help to support fee offsets for those in need.
Required Pre-Registration Questionnaire is available under ‘Mindfulness Courses’ at https://www.juliehopemadlin.com
Julie and Heather are based in New York. We welcome everyone within and outside the New York area to join us online.