This group provides you with skills to respond to life’s difficult moments with kindness, care and understanding. In this group you will learn about MSC research, practices, and meditations. There will be interactive activities, as well as both small and large group discussion, meditations, reflections, and practices. It includes 1.5-hour weekly sessions over 6 weeks, on Zoom. The course runs from November 1 – December 6, 2020, from 1-230PM.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
· Practice self-compassion in daily life
· Understand the empirically-supported benefits of self-compassion
· Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
· Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
· Manage caregiver fatigue and burnout
· Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
More information on MSC can be found here:
Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (807-630-5926) to register. You must reside in Ontario to participate in the group.
• A certain allotment of pro-bono and sliding scale spaces are available based on financial need.
• Some extended health benefits providers offer partial or complete reimbursement (under ‘psychological services’)
• Individuals with Indigenous status are eligible for funding through the NIHB and IRS programs.