Mindful Self Compassion, (MSC) is an 8 week, training program designed to cultivate the transformative skill of self compassion – the warm hearted, connected presence we need during times of difficulty and is based on the ground breaking research of Kristin Neff and Christopher Germer.
The course is aimed at helping you to directly experience self compassion and learn practices that evoke self compassion in daily life, whilst also helping you to let go of the inner critic and enable you to approach difficult moments in your life with compassion, patience and understanding.
Self-compassion provides the emotional strength and resilience needed to offer ourselves the same kindness and understanding we would offer a good friend.
During the course we learn how to develop skills to:
– motivate ourselves with encouragement
– forgive ourselves when needed
– face and befriend our shortcomings
– care for others while caring for self
– live more authentically.
Research shows that self-compassion is strongly associated with emotional well-being, lower levels of anxiety and depression, healthy habits such as diet and exercise, and more satisfying personal relationships.
WHAT DOES AN MSC COURSE ENTAIL?
Sessions are held weekly, for 2 1/2 hours, 6.45 – 9.15 pm. During the course there will be short talks, experiential exercises, group discussion, meditation and home practices.
The MSC is not group therapy, although participants are encouraged to share their experiences with others. The course is aimed to help you enhance your emotional resilience and personal resources.
Sometimes we unconsciously hold emotional distress inside and when you start to learn the skills of self-compassion it is possible that difficult emotions may start to surface. Learning compassion can help you develop the skills to soothe and comfort yourself whilst distressed. Your capacity to embrace and heal them may grow during the course.
I provide a safe, supportive environment for this process to unfold and help make your journey interesting and enjoyable. As we develop the ability to be with ourselves in a kinder, more compassionate way positive change occurs.
HOW WILL IT HELP?
Life can be difficult………..
Mindful Self Compassion (MSC) will help you to grow as a person. You will build inner resilience and develop resources to calm and sooth yourself in times of stress and pain.The skills learnt on the course help to:
– DECREASE anxiety
– DECREASE depression and stress
– INCREASE relationship satisfaction
– INCREASE healthy habits like diet and exercise
– INCREASE emotional well-being.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
You will learn how to:
– Motivate yourself with encouragement rather than self-criticism
– Relate to difficult emotions with greater moment-to-moment acceptance
– Handle feelings of failure or inadequacy with greater ease and understanding
– Transform difficult relationships, old and new, through self-validation
– Manage caregiver fatigue
– Practice the art of savouring and self-appreciation
– Integrate core mindfulness and self-compassion exercises into daily life.
For more information: http://www.mindfulminds.co.uk/mindful-self-compassion-8-week-course.html