Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is an empirically-supported, 8-week, training program designed to cultivate the skill of self-compassion.
Rapidly expanding research demonstrates that self-compassion is strongly associated with emotional wellbeing, less anxiety, depression and stress, maintenance of healthy habits such as diet and exercise, and satisfying personal relationships.
After participating in this workshop, you’ll be able to:
• Practice self-compassion in daily life
• Understand the empirically-supported benefits of self-compassion
• Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
• Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
• Transform challenging relationships, old and new
• Manage caregiver fatigue
• Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
What To Expect
Program activities include short talks, experiential exercises, group discussion, and home practices. The goal is for participants to directly experience self-compassion and learn practices that evoke self-compassion in daily life.
MSC is also not psychotherapy insofar as the emphasis of MSC is on building emotional resources
rather than addressing old wounds. Positive change occurs naturally as we develop the capacity
to be with ourselves in a kinder, more compassionate way.
No Class on Nov. 22