Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is an empirically-supported training program designed to cultivate the skill of self-compassion. Based on the groundbreaking research of Kristin Neff and the clinical expertise of Christopher Germer, MSC teaches core principles and practices that enable participants to respond to difficult moments in their lives with kindness, care and understanding. Research is demonstrating that self-compassion is strongly associated with emotional well-being, less anxiety, depression and stress, maintenance of healthy habits such as diet and exercise, and satisfying personal relationships.
In this program, you will learn :
– How to stop being so hard on yourself
– How to handle difficult emotions with greater ease
– How to motivate yourself with encouragement rather than criticism
– How to transform difficult relationships, both old and new
– Mindfulness and self compassion practices for home and everyday life
– The theory and research behind mindful self-compassion
– How to become your own best teacher
This Mindful Self-Compassion course is offered in an eight week format, that meets once a week. Each session lasts for 2 hours and 30 minutes sessions and is held in a classroom/discussion group format. An optional 4-hour retreat is included.
This course runs weekly on a Monday evening from 7pm til 9.30pm, commencing on Monday 29th October 2018 with the last session on Monday 17th December 2018.
The course cost includes your manual, access to meditation practice recordings (MP3s) and a full day retreat. The course cost is £165 (£30 deposit payable at the time of booking and remaining payment of £135 at first session of the course, or in 3 x monthly payments of £45). There are ‘pay what you can’ places available – please e-mail me to enquire.