An event every week that begins at 4:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until July 28, 2016
Mindful Self-Compassion at the Idaho Yoga Co-op
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is an experiential 8-week training program based on the groundbreaking research of Kristin Neff and the clinical expertise of Christopher Germer. MSC supports the development of courageous attitudes enabling us to stand up to harm, even the harm we may inflict unwittingly on ourselves, through self-criticism, self-isolation or self-absorption. MSC training teaches core skills that empower participants to respond to life’s difficult moments, with kindness, care and understanding. It enhances abilities to:
• Practice Self-Compassion in your daily life.
• Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
• Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
• Transform challenging relationships, old and new
• Manage caregiver fatigue
• Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
• Understand the empirically –supported benefits of self-compassion
**No previous experience in Meditation or Mindful practices is required.
Questions? Contact Julie Thompson: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to be put on a participation list.