One event on October 22, 2021 at 10:00 am
No question we have been living through challenging and extraordinary times over the past year+. Life changed in what felt like an instant and we had to adapt our lives accordingly. Now, as social distancing restrictions are being lifted, we are heading into yet another new normal. This recent change may be bringing up mixed feelings for all of us. Feelings of anticipation, relief, re-entry fear, social anxiety, and/or frustration, may understandably be coming to the surface.
The Mindful Self-Compassion 8-week course, developed by Dr. Kristin Neff and Dr. Christopher Germer, offers skills for emotional resilience during the difficult times in life. It is designed to help us show up for ourselves in the way we would show up for a dear friend or loved one in times of suffering. These skills can help while navigating our new normal and in general, when we experience the inevitable challenges of life. This is an inclusive Course in all the ways, including economic.
During the course participants will learn to:
● Practice mindfulness and self-compassion in daily life
● Understand the science and research of self-compassion
● Use self-compassion to live in accord with personal core values
● Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
● Motivate oneself with kindness rather than criticism
● Work with challenging relationships
● Manage caregiver fatigue
● Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
● Teach and/or model simple self-compassion tools to others