**We still have space for a few more participants for this steeply discounted MSC program. If you are interested in enrolling, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates/times: Thursdays October 21 – December 16, skipping the week of Thanksgiving in the U.S.A.
The 8-week Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program teaches the skill of motivating oneself with kindness rather than self-criticism. MSC was developed by Chris Germer, clinical psychologist, and Kristin Neff, a pioneer in the scientific study of self-compassion. Amassing scientific evidence shows that self-compassion is a powerful inner resource enabling us to address challenging conditions in our work and home lives and transform them for the better. MSC is currently taught in many countries across the globe and is offered with a strong emphasis on inclusivity and trauma-sensitivity.
After program completion you will:
• Gain ways to self-motivate with encouragement rather than self-criticism
• Learn sustainable strategies for self-care and coping with stress and difficult emotions with greater ease
• Have strategies for living close to your core values
• Better manage caregiver fatigue, and avoid burnout
• Understand what self-compassion is and isn’t
• Be able to practice mindfulness and self-compassion
• Have completed a prerequisite for MSC teacher training, for those interested
The facilitator: Dr. Tosca Braun is an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Human Behavior at Alpert Brown Medical School and research psychologist at Butler Hospital in Providence, RI. As an MSC teacher, certified yoga therapist (C-IAYT), and qualified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction teacher she appreciates working with diverse individuals of all identities and backgrounds. Tosca has significant experience working with trauma survivors and individuals that suffer from anxiety, depression, eating and weight difficulties, addiction, stigma, and experiences and feelings of oppression and non-belonging. She has been involved in the scientific research of yoga and self-compassion since 2007 and has been teaching yoga since 2008.