Mindful self-compassion(MSC) is an empirically supported, eight-week training program designed to cultivate the skill ofself-compassion. Based on the ground-breaking research of Kristin Neff and the clinical expertise of Christopher Germer, MSC teaches us how to treat ourselves with kindness, care, and understanding when we are struggling.
Self-compassioncan be learned by anyone. No previous mindfulness experience is required to participate in this course. Practicing mindfulself-compassionpromotes emotional strength and resilience. It helps you to motivate yourself with kindness, forgive yourself and others when needed, and respond to difficult emotions. Learning to be moreself-compassionate can reduceself-criticism, improve our ability to connect authentically with others and respond to our struggles with greater perspective.
In the course, you will learn how to:
* Practice self-compassion in daily life
* Apply mindfulness and self-compassion skills in difficult moments
* Motivate yourself with kindness rather than self-criticism
* Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
* Transform challenging relationships, old and new
* Manage caregiver fatigue
* Practice the art of savouring, gratitude and self-appreciation
Half-day retreat: Saturday, May 7th, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm