One event on October 22, 2021 at 7:00 pm
The MSC program is designed to cultivate the skill of self-compassion and teaches core principles and practices that enable participants to respond to difficult moments in their lives with kindness, care and understanding. The three key components of self-compassion are self-kindness, a sense of common humanity, and balanced, mindful awareness. Self-compassion provides emotional strength and resilience, allowing us to admit our shortcomings, motivate ourselves with kindness, forgive ourselves when needed, relate wholeheartedly to others, and be more authentically ourselves.
Program activities include meditations, short talks, experiential exercises, group discussion, and discussion of home practices.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
– Practice self-compassion in daily life
– Motivate themselves with kindness rather than criticism
– Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
– Manage caregiver fatigue (including all those in the helping professions such as social workers, counsellors, nurses, psychologists, etc.)
– Transform challenging relationships, old and new
– Practice the art of savouring and self-appreciation
Compassion is a positive, energizing emotion. However, it is said that “love reveals everything unlike itself”. While learning self-compassion, some difficult emotions may arise. MSC teachers are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for this process to unfold, and to making the journey enjoyable for everyone.
Program Teachers: Carmen Teo and Margarita Reyes
Format: LIVE Online via Zoom
Orientation & Information Session: 28th Sept 2020, from 7pm to 8.30pm
(*open to those wishing to learn more about the course before registering)
8 weekly Sessions: 12th Oct to 30th Nov 2020, 7pm to 9.45pm
Retreat: 21 Nov 2020, 10am to 2pm.