Marcia Burton, Certified MSC Teacher, from the west coast of Canada and I, Siri Chandler, Certified MSC Teacher from Thailand, will be offering this training starting March 23rd for people in the Americas and March 24th for people in Australasia.
It includes 8 live, interactive sessions of 2.5 hours each, plus an additional 2.5 hour mini-retreat session:
Canada/USA Tuesdays, March 23 to May 18, 2021
• 5pm – 7:30pm (PST, California, Vancouver)
Australasia Wednesdays, March 24 to May 19, 2021
• 7am – 9:30am (Thailand, ICT)
• 11am – 1:30pm (Sydney, AEDT)
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is an evidence-based training program designed to cultivate the skill of self-compassion. Based on the groundbreaking research of Dr. Kristin Neff (Ph.D.) and the clinical expertise of Christopher Germer (Psychologist), MSC teaches core principles and practices that enable participants to respond to difficult moments in their lives with kindness, care and understanding.
The cost of the course is $475 CAD plus taxes and fees.
For details about the course, please visit https://www.mindfulnessth.com/march-msc-course or www.mindfulselfdiscovery.com
To register, please contact Siri directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
After participating in this training, you’ll be able to:
• Practice self-compassion in daily life
• Understand the evidence-based benefits of self-compassion
• Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
• Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
• Transform challenging relationships, old and new
• Manage caregiver fatigue
About the Training
• Program activities include guided meditations, short talks, experiential exercises, group discussion and practices in pairs or small groups.
• The training is based on resilience training and skills, and although it can have psychotherapeutic effects, it is not “therapy”.
• The goal is for participants to directly experience self-compassion and to learn practices that evoke self-compassion in daily life.
• The MSC training is primarily a compassion training program although mindfulness is the foundation of self-compassion.
• This training course fulfills the pre-requisite for the MSC Teacher Training.