The next weekly online MSC course will run:
When: Tuesday afternoons 2.00 to 5.00 pm UK time via Zoom
Dates: 17th, 24th, 31st January, 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th February, 7th, 14th March 2023
Cost: The cost of the course is £325, which includes eight live online classes, an online ‘retreat’ session, and recordings for use at home between classes.
The course will support you in learning to:
- Practice self-compassion in daily life
- Understand the empirically-supported benefits of self-compassion
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
- Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- Transform challenging relationships, old and new
- Manage caregiver fatigue
- Practice the art of savouring and self-appreciation
Self-compassion can be learned by anyone, even those who didn’t receive enough affection in childhood or who feel uncomfortable when they are kind to themselves. It’s a courageous attitude that stands up to harm, including the harm that we unwittingly inflict on ourselves through self-criticism, negative self-talk and ‘pushing’ ourselves through times of difficulty. Self-compassion provides emotional strength and resilience, allowing us to admit our shortcomings, motivate ourselves with kindness, forgive ourselves when needed, relate wholeheartedly to others, and be more authentically ourselves.