This weekend retreat will gently introduce you to the beautiful work of Mindful Self-compassion. It will include several workshops and periods of silence to enable increased connection with your experience.
Structured and held in a way to create a safe and supportive environment, it will offer a unique opportunity to deepen your understanding of the workings of the heart, mind, and body.
It will also include group activities, moderated open discussions, guided meditation practices, opportunities for reflection and informal practice, as well as free time to either socialize or relax and unwind on your own. Weather permitting, it will also include an outdoor mindful event.
THEME OF THE RETREAT:
An ever-growing body of scientific research studies show strong links between self-compassion and emotional well-being, increased ability to cope with life challenges, lower levels of anxiety and depression, increased healthy habits such as diet and exercise, and more satisfying relationships with self and others. Self-compassion includes the capacity to comfort, soothe and validate ourselves, to protect and provide for ourselves, and to motivate ourselves to achieve our goals.
Fortunately, self-compassion can be learned by everyone, even those who feel bad about being good to themselves.
After participating in this retreat, you will be able to:
• Practice self-compassion in daily life
• Understand the science of self-compassion
• Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
• Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
WHO IS THE RETREAT FOR?
• Those who have already undertaken mindfulness or self-compassion training and wish to deepen or refresh their practice;
• Those who are curious about the mindful and/or self-compassionate way of life; and
• Those who would like to have a break from the chaos of daily life.
Our rates have no hidden extras and include teaching, accommodation, 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, 2 coffee breaks and water and teas for the whole duration of the retreat. Special dietary requirements will be catered for to the best of our ability.
EARLY BIRD OFFER (expires on 15th July 2020):
Single or twin room without linen = €145
Single or twin room with linen = €150
NORMAL FEE (applicable from 16th July until 31st August 2020):
Single or twin room without linen = €165 per person
Single or twin room with linen = €170 per person
To register, please let us know of your intention to join and we will send you a registration form to complete and return to us.
We endeavour to assess registration forms within a day or two from receipt.
Your place is fully confirmed once we approve of your registration and receive your full payment.
Registration closes on 31.08.20 or as soon as all places are taken.
EXTENDING YOUR STAY IN MALTA
If you would like to stay in Malta for longer than the duration of the retreat, we would be happy to assist in extending your accommodation.
Will be provided upon request
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION:
Payments are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by the organizer.
WHAT SOME OF OUR CLIENTS HAD TO SAY ABOUT OUR US AND OUR LAST RETREAT:
• Very well prepared and organised. Group guided well and led by example.
• I loved every second of it and wish to get to do this regularly. It helped me to recharge, gave me space to reconnect with myself, with nature and with what is most important to me.
• The retreat helped me manage to live or rather experience for the first time what it means to live in the moment.
• The talks brought about a lot of self-reflection. Nothing I can say I did not like. It was amazing in every way.
• The facilitator is very approachable, a good listener and makes all welcome.
• The meditation, exercises and activities were very enjoyable, with a clear and easy to reach purpose.
• I felt at peace and one with nature and the other attendees.
• Janet makes it very easy to follow the content. She is very knowledgeable and inspiring.
• My intention for the retreat was to spend time with myself away from all the distractions and to find some peace of mind. The retreat gave me that and much more.
• The venue was perfect – all that was needed was made available.
• The mindful outing was very inspiring and reinforced the message that all we need is already available to us.
• The instructor is very meticulous and great. Delivery excellent and group control marvelous. Has great knowledge and belief in mindfulness.
• As for all previous ones, this retreat was unforgettable.
• These retreats are always beneficial to me. They remind me of what I truly need. I look forward to the next.
• The retreat was beneficial to me in many ways. It encouraged me to keep doing what I am doing to control the upheavals in my life and met a great group of interesting individuals.
• Enjoyed all the activities. I wish we had time for more.