The 8-week course Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) aims to develop the capacity for self-compassion. Drawing on Kristin Neff’s groundbreaking research and Christopher Germer’s clinical experience, the program teaches principles and practices that allow you to respond to life’s suffering and hardship with greater attention, kindness, and understanding. Results from research in the area show that participation in this program increases compassion for yourself and others, emotional well-being, reduces anxiety, depression and stress, helps maintain healthy habits and have satisfying interpersonal relationships.
When the participant completes the program, they are expected to be able to:
– practice self-compassion in daily life;
– understand empirically the benefits of self-compassion;
– motivate yourself gently instead of criticizing yourself;
– cope better with difficult emotions;
– transform difficult relationships, both old and new;
– better manage caregiver fatigue;
– savor life and cultivate happiness.
(6.00pm – 9.00pm)
February, 19, 26
March, 4, 11, 18, *25
April, 1, 8
* (9.00am – 1.00pm)