Build resilience and reduce suffering by learning to access your own wise, compassionate presence.
How do you treat yourself when you are struggling? If you are like most people, the answer is often not very kindly. Make space to learn and practice the skills of self-compassion.
MSC is an experiential series where participants learn practices that evoke self-compassion in daily life. Program activities include meditations, short talks, exercises, group discussion, and home practices. Self-compassion provides emotional strength and resilience, allowing us to admit our shortcomings, motivate ourselves with kindness, forgive ourselves when needed, relate wholeheartedly to others, and be more authentically ourselves.
This course meets for 8 weeks, 3 hours per week, on Zoom, 4-7 pm (edt)
• Classes will run on Mondays from 4PM-7PM beginning on May 17th and ending on July 12th.
• We will NOT have class on Memorial Day (May 31st) or on July 5th (in observance of the Federal Holiday).
• There will be ONE Friday class, held on June 4th from 4-7PM to replace the class that we are skipping on Memorial Day.
• After the class on June 4th, we will pick up on June 7th with regularly scheduled Monday classes and continue through until July 12th (with the exception of July 5th).
• The half-day retreat will be on Sunday, June 13th from 10AM-2PM.