Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is an empirically-supported, internationally recognized, structured well-being program that is based on the ground-breaking research of psychologist Kristin Neff and the clinical expertise of psychologist Christopher Germer.
Research shows that MSC…
o Reduces stress and anxiety
o Enhances emotional well-being
o Promotes resilience
o Helps people clarify core values & develop resources to live in tune with them
o Fosters healthy, positive relationships
MSC is a comprehensive program that consists of up to 40 practices and key exercises, group discussion and reflection. No meditation experience is required.
• Tanya Tierney and Siri Chandler are passionate about offering this course and will do their best to make it as meaningful and enjoyable as possible. They bring their own personal and ongoing MSC experience and practice to their classes.
• Our MSC course explores mindfulness and self-compassion via self-reflective exercises, small and large group discussions, and activities in a safe and supportive environment.
You will receive:
• A course handbook in PDF
• Links to online guided practices to support you during and after the course.
• Access to other MSC community resources.
• The course should not be used as a substitute for psychotherapy, medication or other healthcare. If you have any queries in this regard, please discuss with your health professional before applying.
• Successful course completion is a qualifying component of MSC teacher training.
• We recommend you give yourself 20 minutes a day to practice MSC on your own to supplement course content.
• Technology needs: A strong, reliable internet connection & access to a computer or tablet that is at least 10 inches. Phones or mini-tablets are not encouraged because they impede our ability to see each other and feel connected during group discussions.
• Confidentiality and respect for privacy are important aspects of an MSC class. Please make sure that you are joining class from a private space.
• Various assignments will involve writing. Please bring a pen and notepad to each class.