Our thoughts have a powerful impact on our perception and wellbeing. Negative thoughts lead to increased stress and unhappiness. The Mindful Self-Compassion for Teens Program (formerly known as Making Friends with Yourself) explores how our inner critical voice may contribute to these challenges, and teaches strategies to improve our internal dialog. Learning how to express our thoughts in a more compassionate way leads to a more positive view, and lower stress.
The MSC-Teens Program begins by creating a safe space in which group participants can explore deeply how to treat themselves with the compassion they would show a friend. Topics include:
– Why self-compassion is more reliable and self-esteem isn’t so
– Role of the inner critic
– Finding our compassionate voice
– Identifying our core values, and how we can treat ourselves compassionately even when we don’t meet our own standards
We explore these and other topics through exercises, videos, discussions, meditations, and movement practices. The program closes with looking at the power of gratitude as a way to focus our thoughts on positive aspects of our lives.
We would love to have you join our next program. Here are the details:
April 24th, 2022 to June 19th, 2022 (no class on May 29th)
2:00pm to 3:30pm PST
Online via Zoom
This eight week program includes:
– 90 minute sessions with two experienced teachers
– Weekly emails to participants and parents with information for each session
– Weekly recordings of meditations for participant use
– Access to instructors for questions and support throughout the program.
To register or learn more about the program and teachers, please visit www.kindercompass.org
With a compassionate heart,
Kinder Compass Team
Marina Barnes (MSC-Teens Trained Teacher) and Alex Espinosa (LMFT 98559)