This course takes place twice a week, Sundays and Wednesdays, from Sunday November 15 to Sunday 13 December 13.
Full dates are: November 15, 18, 22, 25, 29; December 2 , 6, 9, 13:
TIme: 18:00-20:00 (Thailand Time): UTC+7 . This is 11:00-13:00, UK time.
In this training course you can learn practical skills to build resilience and cultivate sustainable self-care in everyday life. We support you clarifying your core values and developing resources to live in tune with them.
Research shows that Self-Compassion combined with Mindfulness can greatly enhance emotional wellbeing and change the way the brain rewires in response to Life’s challenges. They have been linked to increases in life satisfaction, happiness, optimism, creativity, and appreciation. In our course, Self-Compassion and Mindfulness are integrated with other invaluable ideas and practices from neuroscience and evolutionary psychology. Evolutionary psychology pinpoints our ability to adapt and collaborate as the roots of success.
We teach you 18 informal practical tools, 8 guided practices (“meditations”) and other resources in an accessible way. We work in small groups to maximize group interaction: core to our learning process.
You receive: a comprehensive course handbook; links to online guided practices to support you during and after the course; free access to other Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) community resources; and a free follow-up consultation. You are also able to join a follow-up support group.
This is not primarily a meditation course and no experience of meditation is necessary. All are welcome!
MSC is evidenced to reduce stress and anxiety. During times of difficulty, MSC provides emotional strength and resilience. It can help you maintain healthy lifestyle habits, such as diet and exercise, as it motivates us through self-kindness.
MSC is an internationally recognized, empirically supported program. It is based on the groundbreaking research of Kristin Neff and the clinical expertise of psychologist Chris Germer: https://centerformsc.org
‘A very well-structured and well-delivered course that manages to impart very powerful exercises and practices in a way that is gentle and not overly prescriptive; rather it is empowering, nourishing and offering practical tools from within oneself to find meaningful new ways to live.
The course embraced participants from a variety of backgrounds and levels of previous experience; and it seemed that everybody who attended
had liberating breakthroughs in the areas they were working on.
I’d thoroughly recommend this course to those who are open to working on themselves to discover new ways of living life in a more expansive and fulfilling way.’
– Ravi, Previous Course Participant
• Research shows that we are generally kinder to others than towards ourselves. MSC provides a safe space for us to become more caring and kind towards ourselves, while still caring for others.
• This course offers space for both structured contact with teachers, small group work alongside space for individual personalized, focused exploration; and application into daily life interactions.
• Successful course completion is a qualifying component to training to become a MSC teacher.
‘For me, the participation in this course itself was already a big learning.
I was allowed to not participate when I was unwell, or could lay down when I was too tired,
and not say anything if I did not feel like it.
I have been hard-wired to keep pushing and perform.
To break that pattern and not feel bad about giving myself comfort and space was actually
the practice of self-compassion.’
– Yuki, Previous Course Participant
• Equivalent MSC courses typically range from 400 – 600 USD. Responding to the economic and psychological impact of the Covid-19 pandemic we offer the course at reduced rates. We aim for it to be as accessible as possible; supporting people to develop self-sustaining tools in these challenging times.
• Our course costs 350 USD. There is a Super Early Bird discount of 200 USD if you pay by September 30; and an Early Bird discount price of 275 USD if you pay by October 31. There are 2 scholarships for those without the means to pay. Write to us explaining your situation and we will consider it carefully.
• The course is taught online using the Zoom online meeting platform, which is free to download.
• Sessions last 2 hours with structured breaks. You need 20 minutes a day also to practice on your own.
• You also need: a strong, reliable internet connection; access to desktop, laptop or minimum 10 inch tablet – not a phone; a private space to participate in the class to ensure confidentiality; a notepad and pen.
• The course should not be used as a substitute for psychotherapy, medication or other healthcare. If you have any queries in this regard, please discuss with your health professional before applying.
N.B. Some courses will be recorded purely for mentoring, supervision purposes of the teachers.
‘Gifting yourself this course and taking time to understand and
learn the techniques offered in MSC is life-changing.
Siri and Raphael are wonderful guides on this journey within,
and hold the space with tenderness, care and good humor.
You are in very safe hands.’
– Mel, Previous Course Participant