Spanning the darkest winter months, this course is an opportunity to turn inward, reflect, and gently expand our capacity for compassion and mindful awareness to navigate life with a bit more wisdom and ease.
Join us for the empirically-supported Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program for an immersive self-care experience and to explore healing practices of compassion, self-compassion and mindfulness in a small, supportive community.
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is an empirically-supported training program designed to cultivate the skill of self-compassion for personal growth. Based on the groundbreaking research of Kristin Neff and the clinical expertise of Christopher Germer, MSC teaches core principles and practices that enable participants to respond to difficult moments in their lives with kindness, care and understanding.
Details for the course
This program is designed for members of the general public, based on the values of equity, diversity, inclusiveness and belonging. Meditation experience is not necessary to participate. All are welcome!
Tuesday evenings, 7 – 9 pm ET
December 7, 2021 – February 22, 2022
– 3-hour retreat on Sunday, January 23rd (time to be scheduled with course participants, based on their availability).
– No class on January 25th (rest week following the retreat)
Sliding scale registration ($495 – $295), all levels include the Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook by Drs. Kristin Neff and Chris Germer.
All course sessions will be delivered virtually via Zoom.
Attending the MSC course is a prerequisite for MSC teacher training and for the Self-Compassion in Psychotherapy Certificate Program offered through the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion.
Course topics and practices include:
– Developing your compassionate voice
– Mindfulness for grounding and stability
– Loving kindness for self and others
– Practices to soothe the mind, body, and heart
– Motivation with compassion
– Transforming difficult relationships
– Managing burnout and compassion fatigue
– Gratitude, the art of savoring and more…
Curious but interested in learning more?
Please join us for a free Introduction to Self-Compassion, November 10th 7 – 8 pm ET or November 30th, 7 – 8 pm ET.
Learn more: https://selfcompassioninaction.com/