One event on March 6, 2021 at 6:15 pm
About the Mindful Self-Compassion 8-week course
In its simplest form, self-compassion is treating oneself with the same kindness you would treat a dear friend.
The 8-week Mindful Self-Compassion training is an empirically-based program developed out of groundbreaking research by Dr. Kristin Neff and clinical expertise of Dr. Christopher Germer. The course involves short instructional talks, experiential exercises, group discussion, and home practices all built to cultivate self-compassion in daily life.
In this course, you will gain helpful tools and resources to:
– Improve overall health and well-being
– Reduce anxiety, depression, and stress
– Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
– Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
– Transform challenging relationships
– Manage caregiver fatigue
– Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
The course consists of:
– Eight weekly classes involving short instructional talks, experiential exercises, group discussion, and home practices all built to cultivate self-compassion in daily life.
– A silent, half-day retreat mid-way through the program will give participants time to reflect on their experience, dive deeper into the practices and integrate what they have learned.
– Full guidance will be given to support participants in their home practice in between classes
Dates and Times
Eight weekly classes on Mondays 6.15 – 9pm, starting Jan 13 and ending March 16. excluding Feb 10 and 17.
Half-day silent retreat – Saturday Feb 9 or Sunday Feb 10 (tbc)
Monday classes are held at Foster North, 5300 SE Foster Road, Portland, Oregon 97206
The retreat will take place at a beautiful, rural location 30 mins drive from Portland