* Timezone: All times listed are US Central Daylight Time (CDT is UTC-5 Hours)
* Two Free No-obligation orientation sessions (May 23 & June 3) with Jenny Wilson and Samir Moukaddam
* Full Details: https://www.jennywilsontherapy.com
We can live without meditation and religion, but we cannot live without human affection.
- Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is an empirically-supported, 8-week training program designed to cultivate the skill of self-compassion. Based on the groundbreaking research of Dr. Kristin Neff and the clinical expertise of Dr. Christopher Germer, MSC teaches core principles and practices that enable participants to respond to difficult moments in their lives with kindness, care, and understanding.
- Self-compassion can be learned by anyone, even those who didn’t receive enough affection in childhood or who feel uncomfortable when they are kind to themselves. It’s a courageous attitude that stands up to harm, including the harm that we unwittingly inflict on ourselves through self-criticism, self-isolation, or self-absorption. Self-compassion provides emotional strength and resilience, allowing us to admit our shortcomings, motivate ourselves with kindness, forgive ourselves when needed, relate wholeheartedly to others, and be more authentically ourselves.
- Everyone is welcome, including people of all backgrounds and identities. No previous experience with mindfulness or meditation is required to attend MSC.
As we aim to build community and establish a safe container for our time together, participants will be asked to provide some personal information when they register for this course to help teachers determine their safety and readiness for this kind of emotional work. MSC is a compassion skills training program, not group therapy. This program is designed to teach participants the tools needed to develop and cultivate a mindfulness and self-compassion practice and does not take the place of personal therapy.
+ The Mindful Self-Compassion 8-Week program fulfills one of the requirements for becoming an MSC Teacher. Please visit www.centerformsc.org for more details.