Waiver: In consideration of Participant being permitted to participate in any way in this event, hereinafter called “The Activity,” I, for myself, my heirs, personal representatives or assigns, do hereby release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue:
The Center for Mindful Self-Compassion, its officers and members;
Event speakers, group leaders, facilitators, assistants, mentors, and staff
from liability from any and all claims, including negligence, that result in personal injury, accidents or illnesses (including death), and property loss arising from, but not limited to, participation in The Activity.
Indemnification and Hold Harmless: I also agree to INDEMNIFY AND HOLD The Center for Mindful Self-Compasssion HARMLESS from any and all claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, expenses, damages and liabilities, including attorney’s fees brought as a result of my involvement in The Activity and to reimburse them for any such expenses incurred.
Severability: The Participant further expressly agrees that the foregoing waiver and assumption of risks agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of California and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
– I understand that the teachers, self-compassion mentors, facilitators and assistants are not expected or able to provide medical and/or psychological care.
– I agree that, in the event a teacher, self-compassion mentor, facilitator, or assistant determines that I need professional medical or psychological attention, the teacher, self- compassion mentor, facilitator, or assistant has the authority and sole discretion to contact 911 or other emergency services if it is possible to do so.
– Any costs incurred for health services are my responsibility and not the responsibility of the teachers, self-compassion mentors, facilitators, or assistants.
– I further understand that participation in the online MSC Advanced Webinars is at the discretion of the teachers, self-compassion mentors, facilitators and assistants at all times. If, in the opinion of the teachers, self-compassion mentors, facilitators, or assistants I am unable to continue to participate productively in the course, I may be asked to discontinue it.
– If I am taking prescription medications of any kind and discontinue taking them during the program, this may be grounds to be asked to discontinue the program.
– I understand that the online MSC Core Skills Training is a compassion skills training program, not group therapy. Online MSC is designed to teach participants the tools needed to develop and cultivate a mindfulness and self-compassion practice. I understand that online MSC is not a substitute for mental health care, personal therapy or medical treatment of any kind.
– I understand that personal safety and emotional wellbeing are the foundation of self- compassion training and that I am primarily responsible for my own safety. I will not push myself to do anything that feels distressing or harmful. If I feel overwhelmed, I will stop what I am doing or slow down until I feel comfortable again. If I need to discuss a personal matter, I can consult with a teacher, self-compassion mentor, facilitator or assistant, but I understand that the opinions of others are not a substitute for caring for myself in the best way I know.
– I acknowledge that this workshop will be recorded, and that I may appear in a recording of this workshop.
– I understand that this video or portions thereof may be reproduced, promoted and offered for sale and that I will not receive any monetary compensation for my appearance and participation in this video.
– I understand that my identity may not be concealed.
– I understand that I will not have any editorial control over the final product and my portion of the taping.
– I hereby grant Center for Mindful Self-Compassion the right to use, with or without copyright, my name and pictures or recordings both audio and video, taken of me that said company has produced for all purposes for an unlimited period of time in all media.
– I release Center for Mindful Self-Compassion, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or sound recordings.
– I have been fully informed of my consent, waiver of liability, and release before entering the event.