This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
I am a tutor and supervisor on the Post-graduate Mindfulness-Based Interventions course and a mentor for the Supervised Pathway at the University of Exeter. I have undergone extensive mindfulness training, including teacher training retreats and CPD events. Between 2012 and 2015 I taught Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy courses for people with recurrent depression within the University of Exeter’s Mood Disorders Centre and I now work as a freelance mindfulness teacher. Prior to this, I worked as Clinical Psychologist in the NHS for over twenty years (mostly in the field of chronic pain) and before that, as a nurse specialising in palliative care.
I have had a personal mediation and yoga practice since 2002 and completed yoga teacher training with the Inner Yoga Trust in 2006. I’m deeply fortunate to live in a sublimely beautiful part of the world so I get to spend time in nature on a regular basis. I combine my practice with movement and dance. I have attended numerous silent meditation retreats to deepen my understanding of mindfulness and compassion; I receive regular mentoring from a Dharma teacher in the Insight Meditation tradition.
My self-compassion practice and cultivation of joy greatly supports my well-being and supported me through a challenging health crisis. I wish that through this practice, others may also find support for the difficulties that arise in living life as a human being. As a creative artist, I am exploring the possibility of teaching mindfulness and creativity as I would love to share this work from the heart. Please see www.jogoslingfibreartist.com
I am currently a member of the British Psychological Society and the Health Professions Council, UK.
• Postgraduate Diploma in Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy, University of Exeter
• Postgraduate Certificate in Mindfulness-Based Approaches to Health, University of Bangor
• Teacher training in Mindful Self-Compassion, with the Centre for Mindful Compassion taught at The University of Bangor
• Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, University of Kent
• BA (Hons) Applied Psychology, University of Sussex
• Registered General Nurse, St George’s Hospital School of Nursing