This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
• MSc in Mindfulness, Compassion an Insight Studies University of Aberdeen Scotland.
• Research project on a Pilot 8 week MSC for Nurses “Caring for the Caregivers” in a University Hospital in the West of Ireland.
• Bsc. (Hons) Counselling & Psychotherapy Middlesex University UK.
• Accredited Member of the Irish Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (MIACP)
• Professional Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
• Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (C.B.T.) training
Beck Institute Philadelphia USA.
• Compassion Focused Therapy Training under the direction of
Paul Gilbert, Centre for Compassionate Wellbeing Derby U.K
• Professional education and training in Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals, under the direction of Jon-Kabat –Zinn & Saki Santorelli of the Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine and Society.
University of Massachusetts Medical School. USA
• Mindfulness (MBSR) teacher training at the Centre for Mindfulness Research & Practice. University of Bangor. Wales.
• Mindfulness Based Living (MBLC) teacher training
University of Aberdeen Scotland
• Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) teacher training.
School of Medicine, Centre for Mindfulness.
University of California San Diego, USA
• Currently working in private practice as a Counselor / Therapist,
And as a teacher of Mindfulness (MBSR & MBLC) and Mindful Self-compassion (MSC) Previously employed as a counselor/therapist for staff in the Irish National Health Service (HSe) Employee Assistance Programme
• 20, years practicing Mindfulness and Compassion in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition.
• 7, years teaching Mindfulness in a secular setting.