The following meditations and exercises are drawn from the MSC program, and are presented in order of the particular MSC sessions in which they are taught. Some exercises are in pdf format, though most of the meditations are recorded in English by MSC founders Chris Germer and/or Kristin Neff. All recordings can be downloaded by using a right click on the name of the practice.
This material is intended for your personal use. Please do not copy or distribute without permission. If you would like permission to use any of these recorded meditations, please contact the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion. Thank you.
Free CMSC Circles of Practice Public Offering also available, more information available here.
Guided Meditations & Exercises
Discovering Mindful Self-Compassion
- Affectionate Breathing (Chris Germer)
- Affectionate Breathing (Kristin Neff)
- Compassionate Friend (Chris Germer)
- Compassionate Friend (Kristin Neff) New!
- Compassionate Letter to Myself (pdf)
- Loving-Kindness for a Loved One (Kristin Neff)
- Loving-Kindness for a Loved One (Chris Germer)
- Finding Loving-Kindness Phrases (Chris Germer)
- Soothing Touch (pdf)
- Self-Compassion Break (Kristin Neff)
- Self-Compassion Break (Chris Germer)
- Self-Compassion Break (short) (Chris Germer)
- Protective Self-Compassion Break New! (Kristin Neff)