Renew Your Self-Compassion for the New Year with Two Free Mini-Retreats
by Ben Weinstein, Laila Narsi, and Cecilia Fernandez Hall
What a year 2020 has been. All over the world, we have persevered through incredible challenges. Some of us may feel depleted and exhausted by the disruptions and unpredictability of this year, and others may have discovered inner resources and reserves we didn’t realize we had. And even though vaccines are on the horizon, the threat of illness continues.
As we turn our minds and hearts toward 2021, we remember that great strength lies in our dedication to cultivating compassion. We are not alone. We do have inner resources to call on. For this reason, CMSC and the MSC Circles of Practice are honored to present:
Renewing Our Self-Compassion For The New Year
Dec. 30, 2020, 4-7 p.m. PST
4-4:45 Pacific: Steve Hickman
5-5:45 Pacific: John Julian
6-6:45 Pacific: Anna Friis
Dec. 31, 2020, 7-10 a.m. PST
7-7:45 a.m. Pacific: Chris Germer
8-8:45 a.m. Pacific: Christine McMulkin
9-9:45 a.m. Pacific: Rochelle Jaffe
These two free “mini-retreats” are open the general public and will feature guided meditations from senior teachers such as the MSC Co-Developer Dr. Christopher Germer, CMSC Executive Director Dr. Steve Hickman, and other senior MSC teachers from around the world.
Sign Up to Attend
- To create a safe space for healing and renewal, please refrain from discussion of local politics or current political events
- In order to create a safe and respectful environment, the guided meditations will alternate with periods of silence. All participants will remain in silence during each session and only use the chat feature to offer words of inspiration or gratitude.
- Each guided meditation session will start at the top of each hour and will last approximately 45 minutes. Participants are welcome to enter and leave at any time.
- In between each guided session, there will be a 15 minute period of silence as we also switch teachers. Participants are invited to continue breathing compassion in and out in silence or to take a break.
- Participants are warmly welcomed to attend as many sessions as they please. These sessions are open to all participants around the world free of charge.
- Please keep yourself on mute the entire session to reduce background noise and to maintain a respectful silence. The teachers will be unmuted in order to lead the session.
Thank you for helping us create a safe and supportive space to unite in practice and mutual support.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact Coordinators Laila Narsi and Ben Weinstein at [email protected].