The following meditations and exercises are drawn from the MSC program, and are presented in order of the particular MSC sessions in which they are taught. Some exercises are in pdf format, though most of the meditations are recorded in English by MSC founders Chris Germer and/or Kristin Neff. All recordings can be downloaded by using a right click on the name of the practice.
Please consult the country pages to see what resources are available in non-English languages.
This material is intended for your personal use. Please do not copy or distribute without permission. If you would like permission to use any of these recorded meditations, please contact the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion. Thank you.
Session 1. Discovering Mindful Self-Compassion
Session 2. Practicing Mindfulness
Session 3. Practicing Loving-Kindness
- Loving-Kindness for a Loved One (Kristin Neff) [coming soon]
- Finding Loving-Kindness Phrases (Chris Germer)
Session 4. Discovering Your Compassionate Voice
Session 5. Living Deeply
- Giving and Receiving Compassion (Chris Germer)
- Giving and Receiving Compassion (Kristin Neff) [coming soon]
Session 6. Meeting Difficult Emotions
- Labeling Emotions (Chris Germer)
- Labeling Emotions (Kristin Neff)
- Mindfulness of Emotion in the Body (Chris Germer)
- Soften, Soothe, Allow (Chris Germer)
- Soften, Soothe, Allow (Kristin Neff)
Session 7. Exploring Challenging Relationships
- Compassionate Friend (Chris Germer)
- Compassionate Friend (Kristin Neff) [coming soon]
Session 8. Embracing Your Life
- Compassion for Self and Others (Chris Germer)