Fill Classes, Gain Credibility, and Stand United with Your MSC Colleagues Around the Globe
With the recent publication and of the Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook by Kristin and Chris, more people than ever are visiting the CMSC website to explore MSC courses in their area. Is your course listed? If not, we encourage you to join your colleagues in taking this important step.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does it cost anything to list myself?
No. It’s absolutely free to list yourself on the Directory (Trained and Certified MSC Teachers).
2. I’m not that comfortable with computers. What if I need help?
Instructions to create your profile can be found here. If you still need support, please contact Kim Levan, who can help guide you through the process. Additionally, if you would like your courses added for you, Kim can provide this service for $10USD per event.
3. I’m busy. Why should I take the time to list myself in the CMSC Teacher Directory?
We can’t think of a downside! Numerous benefits follow:
- The CMSC website gets quite a bit of traffic — especially since the recent release of the MSC Workbook, and soon, Teaching the Mindful Self-Compassion Program. So for those of you struggling to set up and fill classes, this increases your exposure more than ever before.
- Listing in the Directory also increases your credibility as a formally trained MSC Teacher. As MSC becomes well known throughout the world, some people will try to teach a course and call it “MSC” without proper training. The Directory will be the only way that prospective participants can check and be sure that their teacher is a Trained MSC Teacher. When we receive inquiries about a teacher’s qualifications, we would like to say, “Please consult the Directory.”
- You listing allows teacher colleagues in your area to be in touch with you should they wish to partner with you professionally.
- Finally, your private business could benefit because your Teacher Directory Profile includes space to list your own website, Facebook, and LinkedIn pages. This means broader exposure for your specific marketing channels. Not only will you be found by potential participants and MSC-curious clients, it can expose you to organizations which may wish to recruit MSC experts for professional development opportunities for their staffs and students.
4. I’m not teaching MSC right now, or I market my classes in other ways. I don’t need to list in the Directory, do I?
Even if you don’t have courses scheduled right now, having representation in the Directory allows prospective participants, partners, and professional contacts to locate you. Please refer to #3 above.
5. What if I already have a listing on the Directory?
GREAT! Now is the time to complete or update it! Log in to make sure that your upcoming course schedule is posted and your photo is current. You can log in by going to the CMSC website and go to the bottom of the page and click on the “Teacher Dashboard” button.